Tuesday, July 31

...take over the guest room

As I contemplated how to transform our guest room into a nursery, I had to take into consideration the fact that we might be selling our house in the near future. I figured I should probably not go too crazy with colors and decor that others might not appreciate. So I decided to go with a brown/tan color scheme. We painted one wall a rich dark brown, and it looks great as an accent wall, while the other three walls are cream.
A cousin of mine graciously made the vinyl quote for me of the scripture Matthew 19:14 "But Jesus said, suffer the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not; For of such is the kingdom of heaven."
I wanted the room to be peaceful and kind of a quiet getaway - because I knew I would be spending a lot of time there. I incorporated pictures of Christ with children throughout the room - most of them in Sepia.  I made these picture frames to match each other and bring a fun crafty element into it.
There are so many PERFECT pictures out there that depict Christ interacting with little ones, but I finally settled on this one because it was a little boy, and because I thought it would help me remember to smile during 3am feedings and diaper changes.
 And the child grew, and waxed strong in spirit, filled with wisdom: and the grace of God was upon him. ~ Luke 2:40

This last piece is called "The Grace of God" by Jay Bryant Ward. I bought a pretty good sized print, because it really touched me. At first glance you assume it is Christ teaching a little boy to pray --- but actually, the artist intended this to be an image of Joseph with Jesus. I just thought it was really neat.

We have so many hopes and dreams for our little man; both spiritual and temporal. All these pictures help me to remember how precious his little soul is, and how important it is that we teach him to be a good person. If we are blessed with more children, my plan is to buy a similar piece of artwork  for each one when they are born.- and it will be theirs to take when they leave the house.

Hope you like your new room baby free! It's ready and awaiting your arrival!

No comments:

Post a Comment