STAR VALLEY: FEBRUARY 18th
The evening turned out perfectly. I always love going back to my roots and mingling with all the ladies that helped raise me. They are all so sweet to me, and I am so grateful for their continued influence in my life - and now my baby's life!
MINK CREEK: MARCH 3rd
My wonderful mother-in-law, Vickie, helped me put the quilt on frames and make sure everything was set up. She also made a yummy 7 layer dip to add to the snack table, which was a hit!
My Mom bought this ADORABLE "Pokey-Little-Puppy" fabric for quilting, and I am so excited to wrap our little man in it - lots of love in each stitch!
I was very humbled by the number of ladies who came to help --- All acquaintances from Jake's childhood, yet they welcomed me with open arms and cared enough to be there. I was grateful for the chance to spend a few hours chatting with this group, and got a lot of great advice for the transition to parenthood.
REXBURG: MARCH 10th
They prepared a bunch of cute stuff for people to do at the beginning while waiting for more people to come. My favorite one, was this little "Wishes for Baby" worksheet:
Each person filled them out uniquely and I really enjoyed reading them. I will be keeping them all for his baby book!
For other activities, I suggested we play some "Minute to Win It" games! Since I planned on a rather youthful rowdy bunch to be attending, I thought it would make for a fun-filled afternoon. Some of the games were:
1) Match a whole pile of baby socks (Prize: Awarded for doing "Mounds" of laundry)
2) Dig safety pins out of a bowl of rice with mouth (Prize: pulling through at "Crunch" time.)
3) Dress a stuffed animal in a minute. (Prize: For putting together all the "Pieces." Reeses Pieces)
4) Drink a baby bottle of milk in a minute. (Prize: For experiencing the "Milky Way")
5) Pull all tissues out of box one at a time: (Prize: For proving you're no "Butterfingers")
6) Balance 3 baby blocks on top of your head and take three steps. (Prize: 3 Musketeers)
7) Tilt your head back and place a binky on your forehead. By using your face muscles ONLY (not your hands) you must get the binky to your mouth without it falling in one minute. (Prize: Sour Patch Kids)
8) Walks across room with water balloon between legs. (Prize: For making it through without any "Gushers")
9) Throws 10 diapers in garbage can. (Prize: Whoppers)
10) Unroll, and reroll a roll of toilet paper. (Prize: Awarded for "Rollin" with the punches. Rolos)11) Fill a tissue box with ping pong balls and tie it around your waist. Person must shake all the ping-pong balls out in under a minute. (Prize: For giving birth to a bunch of "Runts")
12) Create 10 baby names with scrabble letters (Prize: Helping us decide what to call him "Whatchamacalit")
13) Keeping a balloon off the ground by blowing on it (Prize: For not getting pregnancy brain "Airhead")
And so on and so forth....
There were brown and white balloons scattered about the room, and each one had the name of one of the games attached to the bottom of it. So we went around the circle and everyone got to choose a balloon and play the corresponding game.
Shame on me for not getting any pictures, because it was QUITE entertaining to watch my bishop's wife shake ping pong balls out of a tissue box belt. :)
UTAH: MARCH 17th
My wonderfully awesome sister also prepared some way cool favors*** for this shower - Root Beer Bottles that were very "Irish Pub" looking. But silly me, I forgot to hand them out. Luckily she was able to give them out later at her yearly St.Patty's party, but I felt super dumb and sad that I had not remembered to grab them.
[***SIDE NOTE: ShaNae (my little sister) is a PRO at party planning, and helped with pretty much ALL of the showers. So if you ever have an event you need some help with, ask her! Seriously, she has a small business that consists of all the odds and ends of these types of things, and she does a FANTASTIC job at wedding flowers too.]
We feel very blessed to know so many great people, and to have so much support at this time in our lives. It was great to be able to celebrate this life-changing experience with so many of you! Thank you to everyone who came, and those who have brought gifts or offered congratulations in any way. Baby Free appreciates it too!